Unity recognizes that there are many expressions of family life. All are welcome. Unity creates an affirming environment that fosters positive self-image, personal responsibility, and unconditional love and acceptance.
- Beholds all children as whole and perfect expressions of God
- Empowers children to fulfill their divine potential
- Teaches children to meditate and pray
- Invites children to experience a loving God
Unity provides a strong spiritual foundation for children’s lives.
We can accommodate children over four years of age.
We have a great youth ministry for teens ages 11-17. Our children gather together at 10 a.m., the same time our Sunday celebration begins in the sanctuary.
Unity’s Five Basic Principles for Children
- God is all good and active in everything, everywhere.
- I am naturally good because God’s divinity is in me and in everyone.
- I create my experiences by what I choose to think and what I feel and believe.
- Through affirmative prayer and meditation, I connect with God and bring out the good in my life.
- I do and give my best by living the truth I know. I make a difference.
The lessons each Sunday focus on reinforcing the idea that God is within us, around us, everywhere present and that we are loved unconditionally. We also begin to establish a basic understanding of the Bible and how the stories in the Bible reflect Unity Principles. Other sacred writings and contemporary children’s stories are also used. The children are encouraged to connect with their inner wisdom and to live the Truth they know.
Call out the children…
by Myrtle Fillmore, co-founder of Unity
Our mission is not to entertain the children, but to call them out. To be always entertained is to be dwarfed and dependent. To be “called out” is to follow the harmonious law of the soul’s unfoldment. Who meddles with the rosebud? What fingers are deft enough to pry open that marvel of folded beauty? We are wise enough to leave it alone to follow the glad law of its own unfolding, but our children! Have we dealt as wisely with these buds of marvelous possibilities? Have we always remembered that they, too, must quicken and unfold through the innate law of their own genius?
We enfold all children in the love of God.
We place all children in the light of God.
We call forth from within them the power of God.
We see the presence of God in each child.
We affirm that all children are under Divine protection of the Holy Spirit
and that all is in Divine Order.