If you plan to join us in person at the church for Sunday Service or Spiritually Speaking, please note the following guidelines:
• Masks: Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask. If you have not been vaccinated, you are at risk. The State of Illinois asks that you wear a mask.
• Social Distancing: There are no mandatory social distancing requirements. We suggest social distancing.
• Facility/Spaces: Margaret Cain Hall will be open on Sunday for the 9 a.m. Spiritually Speaking class only. The “Chat Room,” “Meditation/Board Room,” Youth Education Room, lending library, storeroom and the kitchen will be closed.
• Exchanges by hand: Nothing will be exchanged by hand. Glass bowls will be available at the sanctuary doors for your love offering.
• Socialization: For those wishing to socialize, please observe social distancing outside, away from the building, as cleaning may occur immediately following the service.
There are several positions we are looking to fill within Unity of Springfield. Below are links for more information and job descriptions; simply use the link to the job position to be directed to the Facebook posting. If you or someone you know is interested, please contact our office to apply.
As the newly elected president of Unity of Springfield’s Board of Trustees, I am proud to introduce my fellow board members for the coming year:
Chris Smith (Vice President and Treasurer);
Betty Russell (Secretary);
In the span of just a few weeks, we met to elect officers, had our first official board meeting where we created a new marketing team, and we completed 10 hours of boarding training and enrichment with Rev. Charline Manuel. Have you seen our certification video? Click here to watch it. We are filled up, fired up, and ready to serve our Unity of Springfield community!
Part of our board training included planning for 2021-2022, and our top areas of focus are re-opening our church building, events, marketing and growth, freshening up our website, and a few building improvements. So, watch for lots of new and exciting things to come as we work toward those goals.
Please reach out to any of us with questions, suggestions or ideas. We want to hear from you!